Stuff you need to know about HARD SUMMER. Let’s Go!
HARD Events Lineup and Info for HARD Summer Music Festival 2023 in Los Angeles
Featuring MK b2b Sonny Fodera, Yung Bae, Pawsa, Rochelle Jordan, and NØLL
Featuring Skrillex b2b Four Tet, Kaskade b2b John Summit, 21 Savage, Kid Cudi, Diplo b2b BLOND:ISH, Dillon Francis, Black Coffee, The Martinez Brothers, Ludacris, Bicep (Live), Giolì & Assia, Oliver Tree, Fat Joe, Gorgon City, Kayzo b2b Sullivan King, Boys Noize, Emo Nite, Netsky, Blossom, SIPPY, and More
Returning to Los Angeles After 10 Years and Celebrating the 15th Edition
HARD Events has announced the lineup for the return of HARD Summer Music Festival to the City of Angels for the first time in ten years. Taking place in Downtown Los Angeles from August 5th-6th, the milestone fifteenth edition of HARD Summer will utilize a brand new venue combination with various stages spread out across the campuses of the historic Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Exposition Park, and BMO Stadium.
The 2023 lineup stays true to the multi-genre ethos and dedication to spotlighting emerging scenes that continue to make HARD Summer one of the most exciting festivals in the country. Fans can expect triumphant returns from those whose massive trajectories have defined HARD’s bleeding-edge curation, coupled with leading hip-hop headliners, beacons of the global underground, and scene risers du jour.
Longtime HARD fans know that the family of artists that developed around the brand in its early days have gone on to dominate the worldwide dance music conversation. To celebrate its fifteen year anniversary, the festival welcomes these titans back to the stage with a curational twist true to its creative essence. Skrillex returns to the fold with a special b2b set with production genius Four Tet following their Madison Square Garden sell-out. HARD favorite Kaskade has tapped John Summit for a multi-generational tag team of a lifetime. Diplo will continue his exploration of more esoteric strains of house set forth by his Higher Ground imprint alongside the ABRACADABRA icon BLOND:ISH.
The super-reunion of HARD alumni continues with the inimitable Boys Noize, LA’s own outrageous Dillon Francis, and the chart-topping tones of Gorgon City.
Hip-hop and rap past and present will once again take center stage at HARD with Atlanta’s own Ludacris and NYC hero Fat Joe, along with psychedelic rap superstar Kid Cudi and the return of 21 Savage after his triumphant 2022 HARD debut. Additional live highlights include the eccentric pop act Oliver Tree and the melodic sounds of Two Feet.
Los Angeles’ longstanding history as an epicenter for underground house and techno will fly its flag at HARD Summer, joined by some of the scene’s most celebrated acts. Grammy-winning South African sensation Black Coffee leads the bill alongside Bronx icons and Cuttin’ Headz bosses The Martinez Brothers, plus a special live performance from Irish duo Bicep. Denis Sulta will bring his unpredictable flavor to the fold while Loco Dice brings the Ibiza energy. The stage will also play host to some of the industry’s most exciting rising acts like AMÉMÉ, Ben Sterling, Lauren Lane b2b Ms. Mada, ChaseWest, Azzecca, Noizu, and Nala.
In a testament to its dedication to Los Angeles, HARD has selected the city’s best to contribute to its multi-genre sounds. Emo Nite will continue their reign as revivalists of the post-punk era, while the city’s famed warehouse scene is put on display with sets from Club Tularosa and fun2bjane.
Those seeking out the heavier electronic strains will once again find their place at HARD Summer with performances by Belgian drum and bass icon Netsky, Kayzo b2b Sullivan King, and SAYMYNITTI (Nitti Gritti and SAYMYNAME) plus Kai Wachi, PEEKABOO, Alix Perez, Yellow Claw b2b Flosstradamus, Diesel, 4B b2b JSTJR, and the fast-ascending newcomers ISOxo and Knock2. The more euphoric end of the genre will be represented by Blanke, SIPPY, Luude, and Ninajirachi.
HARD Summer continues to invest in creating a comfortable experience for attendees, with this never-before-used venue complex providing the perfect canvas to expand this mission. Fans can hop on the LA Metro for an easy journey to and from the event, or taste some of the city’s most celebrated food vendors at the foot of the Coliseum Torch. HARD Summer will also be hosting a series of official afterparties at premiere venues around Los Angeles, offering a true city-side takeover.
GA and VIP tickets are currently sold out, but fans can join the waitlist via HARD Summer’s official website.
Full Lineup (A-Z)
4B b2b JSTJR
Diplo b2b BLOND:ISH
DJ DialsEmo Nite
Giolì & Assia
IT HZ (CHEE x Jon Casey)
Kaskade b2b John Summit
Kayzo b2b Sullivan King
Lauren Lane b2b Ms. Mada
MK b2b Sonny Fodera
Skrillex b2b Four Tet
The Martinez Brothers
Toman b2b Rossi.
Yellow Claw b2b Flosstradamus
Super Helpful Info
VENUE & DATES
LA Memorial Coliseum, Exposition Park, and BMO Stadium
3911 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90037
Learn more about the location.
August 5 & 6, 2023
2PM – 11PM
BOX OFFICE & WILL-CALL
Box Office Hours:
Saturday, August 5: 12:30PM – 10PM
Sunday, August 6: 1PM – 10PM
The festival will take place rain or shine. Please keep up-to-date on weather reports and plan your attire and preparations accordingly.
We have a zero-tolerance policy for drug use and possession. Police officers will be working inside and outside of the event, and all narcotics laws will be strictly enforced. Be responsible, and make smart choices.
SECURITY & ENTRY
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to submit to a thorough, TSA-style search, including emptying your pockets and bags, having all of your items examined, a full pat-down, and possibly removing your shoes. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
Clear bags and hydration packs are highly encouraged.
AGES & ID
You must be 18+ to enter and 21+ for alcohol/VIP. Photo ID required.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- Foreign government-issued driver’s license/ID with color photocopy of passport (Not valid for 21+ wristband. To purchase alcohol or enter VIP areas, a physical passport or US ID will be required.)
- Temporary DMV documents proving you are currently renewing a license—ONLY if accompanied by passport or expired license
- NO School ID
- NO Consular ID
- NO Birth certificate
- NO Expired ID of any kind
- NO Photocopy of any ID (except as noted)
- NO Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license
- NO Re-entry/ins & outs per day
- NO Camping
- NO Cash: HARD Summer is a cashless event. Credit, debit, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and Android Pay will be accepted.
- NO Refunds or exchanges
- NO Sitting on designated dancefloor areas
- NO Moshing, crowd-surfing or stage-diving
- NO Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors
- NO Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
- YES Deodorant
- YES E-cigs/vapes
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry) – 2.5L Hydration Packs
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6” (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.), and GoPro extendable poles
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry. Only bring the amount of medication needed for the duration of the festival. Prescription must match ID.)
- YES Reusable water bottles (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, purses (maximum 12” x 12”)
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, swat, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- NO Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Helium balloons
- NO Hula hoops — including LED hoops
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12” x 12”)
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO LED poi and orbitals — guidelines vary per venue
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Massagers
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Pacifiers
- NO Pets
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- NO Red-colored light-up wands, batons, or lightsabers
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- NO Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- NO Wind chairs/sofas
LOST & FOUND
Location: Near main entrance
8/5 | 2:00PM – 10:00PM
8/6 | 2:00PM – 10:00PM
Location: Adjacent to Box Office
8/5 | 9:00PM – 12:00AM
8/6 | 2:00PM – 12:00AM
8/7 | 12:00PM – 2:00PM
Pre-register your device to be notified if we find one of your missing items!